Aims and Philosophies
Exploring independently is an important part of learning
- Our aim is to provide outstanding early years education for children through creative hands-on play and learning experiences in a stimulating, safe and relaxed environment.
- Children are assigned a key person who encourages independence by facilitating their natural exploration and supporting their development.
- We want children to feel excited about learning and aim to give them a positive first experience of life at Nursery School through inspirational opportunities.
- We provide a diverse curriculum based on the Montessori Method and grounded in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
“Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in the environment.”
Dr Maria Montessori
- Our Nursery School welcomes children with SEND (Special Education Needs and Disability) and we believe that every child has the right to experience and develop alongside their peers regardless of their individual needs. We treat every child as an individual and are committed to working with parents along with other professionals to accomplish this, using inclusive practices. Click on the links to read our Safeguarding Policy and Special Education Needs and Disability Policy.
- We encourage children to learn about different cultures in great detail by celebrating global weeks and festivals, tasting new foods, and sharing different traditions from around the world.
- Positive relationships between parents and staff are encouraged at all times to ensure we maintain a positive co-operative environment for the best interests of the children.
- Hopes and Dreams promote a healthy lifestyle by organising outdoor activities in our garden and within the local community, and by providing freshly prepared food that caters for individual dietary needs.